Welcome to Our Mental Health and Wellbeing Page!
During these uncertain times, staying safe and well is a priority for families.
Please find some links and resources that may help if your child is feeling isolated, anxious or worried. Please let your child's class teacher know if you have ongoing concerns.
Supporting your child during the coronavirus outbreak
- Mind - - Some great advice and support that cover the topics below; practical advice for staying at home and taking care of your mental health and wellbeing.
- place2be - - Links to videos and articles that will help you to answer questions your child may have during this difficult time.
- Action for happiness – May calendar of activities to support well being
- A great printable resource for children
- NPR comic - A comic for older kids - explaining coronavirus
- - picture story for younger children
- Dave the dog is worried about coronavirus - picture book for children, aiming to give information without fear adn open up conversations about the pandemic
- Coronavirus by Axel Scheffler - The much loved author and illustrator has written the book to answer children's questions
- Corona virus story with Julia Donaldson characters Read this to find out how some familiar families are coping with staying at home and home schooling!
Please also take a look at the resources listed below to support emotional well-being in children.
General support strategies and resources which can be used
to support children’s emotional well-being and mental health
- NHS Change 4 Life - Indoor Activities for Kids
Sense of peace in your hand – activity provides children with sense grounding/calming based on connections with familiar people and settings.
Self-esteem helps children cope with mistakes and build their resilience. It helps them try again, even if they fail at first. As a result, self-esteem will help them do better at school, at home, and with friends. Children with low self-esteem feel unsure of themselves, so improving self-esteem, improves confidence.
- Self-esteem and Character Building for Kids This website offers lots of lovely activities and games that you can complete with your children.
- Self-esteem Printable Activities There are some wonderful activities here that you can print off for children.
Getting in touch with nature can help to improve emotional well-being and can be a lot of fun!.
- Forestry England - great resources linked to much loved children’s books
- Woodland Trust - activities encouraging children to become nature detectives