A WARM HELLO FROM THE FRIENDS OF CROWN MEADOW
Who we are:
· We are The Friends of Crown Meadow, the Parent Teacher Association (PTA) for Crown Meadow First School & Nursery
· We are an enthusiastic committee of parents and a registered Charity - we are not part of the school governing body, but we have a close relationship with Keith Wiseman and his team of Governors, as well as Sally Athey and her senior leadership team
· We are focused on building strong and effective relationships between the staff, parents and all associated with the school to build a sense of community
· We are committed to supporting the education of children at CMFS by engaging in activities and providing facilities/equipment, which support the school and the pupils
· This is done primarily through fundraising and through a calendar of activities and events, ranging from seasonal discos, raffles and cake sales
· Our main purpose is to raise money and how that money is spent changes each year. Over the last few years, we have helped raise funds to finance a range of items for the school, such as learning resources including £4000 towards books for all Year Groups, plus online resources for phonics and spelling, along with Early Years maths equipment
· But we also just like to have fun, hosting lively events that are enjoyable for the kids…adults…staff and the community!
How we work:
· We know that parents and teaching staff are busy, so we try and make things easy. We have a PayPal account and card reader, helping us to make event ticketing and school payment transfers quick and easy….and bar queues nice and short for thirsty Mums and Dads!
· Friends of Crown Meadow events are promoted and communicated via ParentMail, the school calendar and Facebook
How can you help?
· Without your help and support, we couldn’t exist
· Every parent and guardian with children enrolled at the school is welcome to join us, alongside all the teaching and non-teaching staff
· We appreciate whatever help you can offer. It could be as simple as turning up to one of our events to buy a cake or a raffle ticket now or then. We always need volunteers to help set-up and run our events. Or you might like to join the committee - do as much or as little as you feel able to · Contact any of the committee members on email@example.com to register your interest, share feedback, suggestions or ideas for activities
· We’d also love to hear from you if you work for an organisation that offers funding (full or matched) for local charities and causes
· Is your employer a high-profile local attraction or national retailer who could supply tickets, vouchers or merchandise for raffle prizes. If so, do drop us a line.
· To be confirmed
Thanks for reading and we hope to see you at one of our events very soon!