This leaflet provides information and support for parents during lock-down. There is a direct line to ring to speak to a Parent Support Worker and there are links to free parenting courses.
Wellbeing Support Guide
Below is a document created by NHS Worcestershire, which gives information on services parents can access. As a result of the coronavirus pandemic, some of the services are working in different ways to support children, young people and their family or carers, and this information is collated below.
Here are links to websites that can provide support for parents and children:
- Starting Well Partnership This website offers online advice for families, and telephone support for parents.
- NHS Now We're Talking Mental health support for adults and children, with a specific COVID 19 support page.
- Autism West Midlands Tips for daily life during the Coronavirus pandemic
- National Autistic Society Advice/tips for Autistic people and families
National Autistic Society Helpline: Call 0808 800 4104, 10am-3pm, Monday to Friday
(excluding bank holidays).
- NHS Speech and Language Resources and advice for Speech and Language needs.
- Chatter Pack Free Speech and Language, OT and SEND resources, as well as Home Learning resources.
- Chadsgrove School Chadsgrove School support children with SEND and they have lots of home learning resources. Under Mindfulness for Children, there is a link to a book called 'Everyone Worries', which is very child friendly.
- Occupational Therapy Occupational Therapy resources and there is a direct line to get advice and support during COVID 19.